Wednesday, March 14, 2012

for good measure

What a beautiful morning. How are you? I'm good.
I am also working toward a new health goal. Eating well and moving everyday in March, as well as a measurable goal of a 6 pound weight loss. That's the goal. It is do-able,
If you've read along for the past year and a half or so you know I lost a significant amount of weight in late 2009 and 2010 (about 30 pounds).
The second part of my story is, I gained most of that weight back. But, February was a positive month--I reached my monthly goal of losing 8 pounds.

I am going back to what worked well for me before and changing what didn't work. I don't need to reinvent the wheel, right?

What does that mean? That means that I have scrutinized my every moment of the day.

Getting up near the same time each morning works for me. It is not like sleeping in on the weekends happen easily, anyway. Somehow, most mornings I wake just before the alarm goes off. That makes me think that I am aligned with my body clock, waking naturally instead of a
startle? I'll take it.

So what else is working for me? Starting the day without sugar or sweeteners. For me, that means I have given up morning coffee. I know. I just cannot stomach it without cream and sugar or the equivalent. So, I'm steeping green tea each morning. Sometimes, it is with lemon, other times with nectarine and ginger or even blueberry and pomegranate. I am liking it.

Seems easy enough. What part of your morning routine is working really well for you, I wonder? What could be better?

light and love
Deborah

1 comment:

  1. I admire you and I'm hoping that someday I will be there with you (on a weight loss journey). My blogging buddy, Christine, is exercising a lot and watching what she is eating but I'm just not there yet. I wish I could convince myself that it was a priority but I just don't have the energy - even though I know that being healthy would lead to energy!

    Congrats on reaching your February goal!!!

    ReplyDelete